A typical home with termites may have three to four termite colonies around it, with as many as one million termites in each colony. That’s more than the number of people in most cities. Subterranean (underground) termites are found in every state except Alaska.
- Don’t affix wooden trellises to exterior walls.
- Keep mulch, wood debris, scrap lumber, sawdust and firewood away from your home. If you do keep firewood outside your house during the winter, keep it raised and off the ground.
- Don’t stack, store or bury wood debris adjacent to your home.
- Trim all shrubs, bushes and other dense greenery away from the foundation of your home. Move mulch away from the foundation as well.
- Remove infested trees and stumps.
- Repair leaking faucets and water lines, both indoors and outdoors.
- Fix leaky roofs and gutters.
- Don’t allow leaves to accumulate in gutters and drains.
- Grade soil so that water (including air-conditioning condensation) runs away from foundations.
- Ventilate crawl spaces and attics to reduce humidity.
- Remove all wood to soil contact.
- Cover at least 90% of the soil in crawl spaces with plastic sheeting.
- Ideally, wood siding, stucco and foam board should be at least six inches away from the ground.
- Seal all cracks and holes in your home’s foundation, which may provide a handy access point for termites.
Termidor; Termites cause over $6 billion of damage annually in the U.S. alone. Having a pest professional protect your home with Termidor® termiticide/insecticide is the best way to rest assured it won’t become a part of that statistic.
Termidor is America’s #1 termite defense product, and there’s simply no other termite control product that works better or delivers more reliable termite protection. It is applied only by qualified professionals and is formulated and manufactured by a company that cares and stands behind its products.
To control subterranean termites, a liquid Termidor® termiticide/insecticide termite treatment is applied with precision along the foundation walls or exterior perimeter of your home. The treatment uses time-tested application methods at very low rates. It is virtually odor free and won’t cause any disruption to your family’s normal routines.
Termidor binds tightly to the soil to create the “Termidor Zone.” Since this protective termite treatment zone is undetectable to termites, termites can’t avoid it and will not try to find a way around it (as they can with repellent termite treatments).
We also offer Advance Termite Monitoring and Baiting. Termidor is the best treatment for termites but if thats not an option we offer termite baiting.